Windows 10 guest suddenly shown only half of the screen width, centered

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ChristophK2, Jul 18, 2020.

1. ChristophK2

ChristophK2 Hunter

Parallels 15.1.4
    macOS 10.15.5

My Windows 10 guest today was behaving strange. When two finger wiping to the Windows VM, I suddenly saw a split screen, Windows 10 on the left half, an Apple mail app client window showing a sending error asking for confirmation to try again or later. When terminating the right half of the split screen, the Windows 10 screen did not come back. Instead a white garbage stripe was shown. Somehwo I got the Windows screen back but Windows 10 was showing only in a narrow stripe in the middle of the screen, kind of "portrait format". I only got back to the normal Windows 10 login screen after stopping and restarting Windows. Embarrassing somehow..

2. Hi, did you use Windows with the full screen mode?
    Could you share with us the screenshot of the issue once it reoccurs please?

3. ChristophK2

ChristophK2 Hunter

This issue still exists. From time to time I have a split screen when wiping to the Window 10 VM. Mail.app (an opened mail message).
    Only recipe against it I know is quitting mail.app and restarting it in the macOS window.

4. DLAnderson

DLAnderson Bit poster

Good day,

I, too, have this problem: If I am in the Windows VM, full screen, as always. If an email notification from the Mac pops up, and I inadvertently click on that notification, the email appears in the right half of my Windows screen, and the Windows screen is reduced to the left half of the display. There seems to be no way to recover from this, other than, as suggested above, quitting the Mail app on the Mac. This is irritating in the extreme.

Screenshot attached.

Attached Files:

5. Daniel65

Daniel65 Bit poster

This is also happening to me, very weird to be honest. I would like to know what is going on here as this could be a good feature, e.g. if I'm running windows in full screen and switching over to other mac apps.