Adobe Creative cloud : not possible to install on Windows 11

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by Patatorz, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Patatorz

Patatorz Bit poster

Hello, i'm running Parallels Desktop 17.1.1 on a Mac Mini M1 and i installed a Windows 11 Virtual Machine. I'm using the trial version in order to test.
    I have a Windows licence of Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 on windows and would like to use on the Parallels. Unfortunately, i'm not able to install Adobe Creative Cloud neither Elements 2021 having the following error (code error : 1) and seems there is some problem to connect to Adobe servers while there is no connection problem anyway.
    I moved the installation package of Adobe Creative to the local drive and run from it but same problem. It seems a partial installation has been done on Windows 11 but not able to remove or clean Adobe Creative Cloud from Windows 11 fully.
    Any idea how to run this adobe stuff on Parallels Desktop 17 or at least how i could reinstall fully a windows 11 to restart from scratch ?
    Thanks a lot for your support.
    upload_2022-1-22_11-9-22.png

2. SamS4

SamS4 Hunter

While I'm not sure about the Adobe creative cloud issue, if you want to start from scratch you can always create a new virtual machine and re-install Windows 11.

Patatorz likes this.
  3. Patatorz

Patatorz Bit poster

Thanks for your feedback. I re-installed Windows 11 from scratch and was able to install Adobe Creative Cloud. Tried after to install Elements 2021 but failed...

4. SamS4

SamS4 Hunter

@Patatorz - What is the failure?

If Creative Cloud is working you are likely getting the internet connection you expect. Also, try opening a browser window and test that your Internet is active. Assuming it is good, then I would uninstall Elements 2021, Restart the W11 Virtual Machine, and try a reinstall.

I have found some odd behavior with file system handoffs between macOS and the W11 Virtual Machine. For example, this can occur with QuickBooks when the goal is to install an updated database. I start with a QB Portable residing in a folder in the macOS file system and want to update the database on the W11 VM at C:\ drive (e.g., C:\Users\<user name>\QuickBooks\<company file name>. During the update operation a file system error of some kind occurs, and the install from the Portable file fails. But if I quit QuickBook and try it again, it works fine. Note that the second time worked eve though I did NOT do a W11 Restart - I simply shut the app down and tried a second time.

You might want to try moving the Elements 2021 installation package completely inside the W11 VM on the C:\ drive. That way you eliminate any handoffs with the Mac file system.

5. ariestav

ariestav Bit poster

I'm running Windows 11 as a guest OS on an Apple Macbook Pro M1 with macOS Monterrey as the host. Most things seem to function fine, but the only problem I have found thus far is Adobe Creative Cloud installer.

The Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app does install just fine, but a majority of the desktop apps do not appear. I have googled a bit and found that if a desktop app is not supported by the operating system, it simply does not show up. So, for example Adobe Photoshop (desktop) does appear, but Illustrator (desktop) does not appear. I've looked into this via Adobe's support and their forums, and found that the fact that the CC Desktop app is running on a Windows 11 VM on an M1 machine is the culprit. I have tried many suggestions coming from Adobe, but none worked. I have verified that the CC Desktop app DOES display all desktop apps when installed to a real / physical machine running Windows 11, so I think it's something to do with the M1 processor, but am not entirely sure.

Has anybody experienced this at all?

Thanks,
    Arie

6. LarsK10

LarsK10 Bit poster

Hi,
    I have the same problem like @Arie
    Does anyone has a working system with "parallels - win11 - adobe acrobat dc" ?
    Thanks for any information.
    Lars

7. KaiZ2

KaiZ2 Bit poster

adobe acrobat dc can run, but the others cannot. you can try the adobe acrobat dc

8. ParallelsU974

ParallelsU974

I have the same problem, just got a new Macbook Pro M1.
    I have upgraded from Windows 10 to 11.
    I made a virtuel drive for the installation files in Mac.
    But when I install my Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, I get the response "Code 21", do not meet the system requrement.
    What do I do wrong?

9. MarioP13

MarioP13 Bit poster

MacBook Pro M1 ha 8 GB RAM per Adobe In design e Photoshop sono consigliati 16 GB di RAM credo sia questo il problema. Ciao

10. MarkusS34

MarkusS34 Bit poster

Same problem here..
    MacBook Pro M1 16 GB RAM - Windows 11 - Adobe Photoshop Elements is not running. Has somebody tried with the new Version 18 ?

Markus

11. JR_5

JR_5 Bit poster

With version 18 the same problem. I tried to install Premiere Elements 2023 from my Adobe account, but unfortunately not possible.

AmirhoseinH likes this.