Official ubuntu-20-04-live-server does not boot

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by DragosI, Mar 9, 2022.

1. NormanR1

NormanR1 Bit poster

Same here, also another distribution with Kernel 5.16.14 does not boot either. 5.15.23 does.

2. NevilS

NevilS Bit poster

Hey there having same issue. Did you find any solutions dragos.

Attached Files:

3. JCML

JCML Bit poster

Same here. Today I restarted the VM and it does not boot anymore.

4. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, it is an ongoing issue. The cases have been escalated to developers, and they're researching the ways how to address them. As a temporary workaround please create a new Linux Ubuntu VM from appliance and do not update it. Alternatively, feel free to downgrade the kernel to 5.13.0-25.

5. DragosI

DragosI Bit poster

GillesD1 and NormanR1 like this.
  6. DragosI

DragosI Bit poster

I was able to boot into a non-working installation with the new Parallels Version 17.1.2 (51548) (released today?). I was also able to install ubuntu-20.04.4-live-server-arm64 from scratch. Installing ubuntu-desktop and Parallels Tools works as well. Thanks Parallels, your fix seems to work!

7. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, we have released a Parallels Desktop hotfix version 17.1.2. The Ubuntu virtual machine boot-up issue got fixed in that. Please visit this KB article to know more.

MarkC63 likes this.
  8. RobB13

RobB13 Bit poster

I am running Version 17.1.1 (51537) Business License and when I try to upgrade to the newly release 17.2.2, it says I am already on the latest version. Hw do I get the new version?
    upload_2022-3-22_22-53-32.png

9. MarkC63

MarkC63 Bit poster

fix works. thanks.

10. RobB13

RobB13 Bit poster