Autodesk Inventor on Macbook pro M1

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JorenV, Mar 21, 2022.

1. JorenV

JorenV Bit poster

Hi, I want to use Autodesk Inventor on my macbook but it is extremely slow due to an error I keep on receiving (see attachment). I tried it with the 2022 version aswell as the 2019 version. Does someone know how to fix this?

Attached Files:

2. JohnF49

JohnF49 Bit poster

I was able to get past this issue, but still have other issues with my M1 Max and parallels 17.2

The solution you are looking for is simple, yet I don't understand why it works with an intel machine but not an ARM machine....

Solution:
    BEFORE you install inventor, go into your parallel settings, sharing, and make sure you do NOT have the Share folders enabled. Basically, I unshared everything, installed inventor, and them went back in and only shared the folder that holds my part files.

Basically, when inventor installs, it tries to put the configuration files needed in "home" folders on the Mac side.... which it does not have access to. By unsharing the Mac drive, inventor will install the "home" folders information on the windows side....

My first issue is inventor is still sluggish, and when you go into the hardware options, it is using software emulation for unsupported graphics drivers.... So, to me inventor doesn't recognize the graphics chip in the M1 Max.

My second issue is with the 3D connexion space-mouse, although installs and works, two of the axis' are reversed. And none of the reverse check boxes within the 3d Connexion mouse settings are responsive. also, when you select the axis' speeds, they also do not change the mouse. I opened the Inventor.xml file that is written during these settings changes, and the "reverse" option is enabled, and when you change the speed, you get a scale factor from 0 to5 times.... all are written in correctly in the inventor.xml file... but the Spacemouse will not respond to these changes

JorenV likes this.
  3. JorenV

JorenV Bit poster

Much thanks for the help! I checked and unshared the folders and reinstalled Inventor! Nevertheless it is still laggy, I'm wondering did you ever change the file paths in the application options? If yes which ones (see attachment)? Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

4. Ben38

Ben38 Bit poster

Hello, does anybody have any experience with Autodesk Inventor in Parallels 18 on an M1 Max Macbook pro? Last I've seen, the graphics in Parallels 17 were incredibly laggy. Has this been fixed with Parallels 18? Thanks

5. GieziE

GieziE Bit poster

6. RussellM9

RussellM9 Bit poster

Im running Inventor 2023 on an M1max with parallels 18. I have tried 4GB of memory for graphics all the way up to 26GB. The graphics are always terrible and it is basically unusable. I would HIGHLY recommend anybody who needs to do actual work get a non-M1 mac or a windows machine. The M1+parallels solution just cannot be made to work.