Windows Outlook shows AntiVirus status invalid when Windows Defender is installed

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JamesJ19, Jan 27, 2022.

1. JamesJ19

JamesJ19 Bit poster

I have a Parallel's Windows desktop running on a new MacBook Pro. I am running Bitdefender as the security solution on the Mac side and Windows Defender on the Windows side. Outlook in Windows keeps displaying a message that another program is trying to access email. After researching, this is due to the antivirus status in Outlook being invalid (Options...trust center...trust center settings....programmatic access...antivirus status). Windows security shows the antivirus status as active and fully up to date. Has anybody seen anything like this? I have run through all the troubleshooting steps in Windows and there is no logical reason the antivirus in Outlook should show as invalid per Microsoft documentation. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

RussellK3 likes this.
  2. ClusterR

ClusterR Bit poster

Hi , I have the same problem in my M1 Macbook running WIN11 ARM : Outlook behavior is unfortunately the same ...

RussellK3 likes this.
  3. MattB22

MattB22 Bit poster

I have the exact same problem. It makes no sense, and it's quite annoying. Help!

RussellK3 likes this.
  4. RussellK3

RussellK3 Bit poster

Same problem here! Please fix

5. NiallM

NiallM Bit poster

I have the same issue.

6. WadeG

WadeG Junior Member

Same issue on MBP M1Max. But no issue on my other MBP running Intel.

7. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, kindly update to Parallels Desktop 17.1.4 and let us know still the issue persist.

8. WadeG

WadeG Junior Member

Everything was updated yesterday before I posted this and it still occurs.

9. WadeG

WadeG Junior Member

Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2205 Build 16.0.15225.20172) 64-bit
    Running latest version of Windows 11 Pro ARM64 insider preview Eval Copy 25131.rs_prerelease 220527-1351

10. PavelF

PavelF Junior Member

I'm having the exact same issue, outlook doesn't see AntiVirus on ARM M1 Windows 11

11. Pandalero

Pandalero Bit poster

Same issue here... MacBook Pro (M1 Pro), Parallels Version 17.1.4 (51567), Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 (OS Build 22621.105) with Windows Defender fully enabled and active, Outlook for Microsoft 365.
    I feel like maybe this issue started when I upgraded to 22H2, but I'm not certain. Regardless, it's a nuisance.

12. EricB30

EricB30 Bit poster

Same here...MBP (M1 Pro), MacOS 12.4, Parallels 17.1.4, Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2 (OS Build 22598.1) ARM, running CrowdStrike Falcon Sensor service. Windows 11 acknowledges virus protection is active, however Outlook's Trust Center does not acknowledge any active AV software running.

13. Pandalero

Pandalero Bit poster

Heyooooo! Looks like this issue has been fixed after installing 2022-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for arm64-based Systems (KB5014958). Outlook now shows my antivirus status as VALID and I'm no longer getting the annoying Accept/Deny prompts for every email.

EricB30 likes this.
  14. EricB30

EricB30 Bit poster

Same here after running the available Windows ARM updates this evening...as well as 'giggling the handle" a bit :D

FWIW- after running the Windows installs and restarting Windows, Outlook was still not seeing the AV as valid in Trust Center even though Windows acknowledged my CrowdStrike AV as installed and running (same as before the Windows updates). I had to turn on periodic Windows Defender updates, however that did not do the trick, so I then attempted to turn on Windows Defender AV to run in parallel to CrowdStrike however it would not allow it...the slider would just keep bouncing back to Off position even when trying to activate with Admin privs. After going through several gyrations and multiple Outlook restarts (i.e. giggling the handle), I went back into Outlook's Trust Center and the AV now shows as valid and the alerts have gone away.