Windows Outlook shows AntiVirus status invalid when Windows Defender is installed

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JamesJ19, Jan 27, 2022.

1. JamesJ19

JamesJ19 Bit Poster

I have a Parallel's Windows desktop running on a new MacBook Pro. I am running Bitdefender as the security solution on the Mac side and Windows Defender on the Windows side. Outlook in Windows keeps displaying a message that another program is trying to access email. After researching, this is due to the antivirus status in Outlook being invalid (Options...trust center...trust center settings....programmatic access...antivirus status). Windows security shows the antivirus status as active and fully up to date. Has anybody seen anything like this? I have run through all the troubleshooting steps in Windows and there is no logical reason the antivirus in Outlook should show as invalid per Microsoft documentation. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

RussellK3 likes this.
  2. ClusterR

ClusterR Bit Poster

Hi , I have the same problem in my M1 Macbook running WIN11 ARM : Outlook behavior is unfortunately the same ...

RussellK3 likes this.
  3. MattB22

MattB22

I have the exact same problem. It makes no sense, and it's quite annoying. Help!

RussellK3 likes this.
  4. RussellK3

RussellK3

Same problem here! Please fix