Probleme mit Update Build 22000.856

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by Harry12, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Harry12

Harry12 Member

Hello,
    I have a problem and need help.
    MacBook Air M1 version 12.5; Parallels version 16,

1.) Windows 11 home, Build 22000.832, crashes during update KB5016629 (Build 22000.856), blue screen (see attachment), automatic repair attempts remain unsuccessful and all other suggested options. Even a repair with sfc/scannow before the update had not helped. Can only be rolled back to a snapshot and then temporarily suspend updates.
    Switched to Insider Preview (DEV) (build 22622.440). During the update (10.0.22622.575) KB5016694 also crash, with the difference that the automatic repair works and returns to Windows, but without installing the update.
    2.) Windows 11 pro(still comes from the early days and no license), build 22000.318, during the update KB 5016629 crash, but as in the insider, return to Windows without installation update and without problems.

Is this due to the older version of Parallels or can I fix it myself? Of course, I want to continue to use the normal home version.

Thank you in advance

Attached Files:

2. HerrKolbe

HerrKolbe Bit poster

I have the same issue, also no solution yet. Running Parallels 16.5.2

3. i have same problem on pd 17 & 18. you need system installed with tpm for update to 22000.856

4. HerrKolbe

HerrKolbe Bit poster

I have the tpm configured on my Win11 machine

5. Harry12

Harry12 Member

Thank you for this information. But since I'm not a great expert, someone would have to tell me how to activate/install tpm on my computer.

6. Harry12

Harry12 Member

can you tell me how you did it? I hope that's not too stupid a question! :)

7. Harry12

Harry12 Member

Tpm is probably available but with key symbol! (See attachment) And on the right is the following text :
    "The data of the Trusted Platform Module has been encrypted - the password is stored in the macOS Keychain.
    To use Windows 11 Home on another Mac,
    You need both the virtual machine and the password
    To transfer there

I don't know what this means and what I can/must do.

Attached Files:

8. Harry12

Harry12 Member

yes, i don't want to move. But i want to work without problems. :-(
    And the problem is, that Windows 11 home crashes completely, preview and pro returns to the start Windows, but without installing the update. So an absolutely unsatisfactory situation.

9. MichaelN26

MichaelN26 Bit poster

I'm running into this problem as well. Would love to hear when there is a solution. Running Parallels 17.1.1

10. Harry12

Harry12 Member

I need still Help!
    The new Update Insider Preview (10.0.22622.590)(KB5017846) cannot be installed either. Crash! Repair attempt fails. But returns to Windows 11 without installation.
    The KB5016691 update also fails on Windows 11 Home. Crash without automatic return to Windows. :-(

11. Harry12

Harry12 Member

For your information
    Dmitry@ParallelsStaff Member
    Hi Harry, I am very sorry to hear that you experience this issue. Our engineers are aware of it and working on a fix that will be released in a product update as soon as it is ready and tested.

P.S. I recommend using a traditional Support path when you need assistance, I have changed roles in the organization and can reply here with delays (I am sorry about it).

12. Harry12

Harry12 Member

Thank you for Reply