Screenshot Page doesn't work on macOS Ventura

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by Ran4, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Ran4

Ran4 Bit poster

The Screenshot Page tool is now broken. It used to work before upgrading to the new MacOS (13.0, Ventura) last week. With Ventura, I now keep getting the infamous "Screenshot Page Safari Extension needs your permission to capture web pages" box. The error keeps coming up even after following the instructions in it.

I keep turning the extension toggle switch ON in System Preferences, but it remains OFF. I have done everything (multiple times and in different order): restarting Safari, disable/reenable the extension in Safari, restarting the computer, ....

I have the latest version of Parallels Toolbox (6.0.1 (4541)) which was recently updated. C'mon guys! This is not a free product, so the least you can do it's to test it in all current macOS versions (Apple maintains the last 3 versions) *before* releasing a new version of the tool. Please fix this!

Screenshot 2022-11-07 at 1.34.59 PM.png Screenshot 2022-11-07 at 1.35.38 PM.png Screenshot 2022-11-07 at 1.36.17 PM.png

2. SilvanC

SilvanC Member

Hi, could you try also enabling the 'Screen Recording' permission for Parallels Toolbox?
    It might solve the Screenshot Page constantly asking for permission.

3. UefC

UefC Bit poster

No, didn't help......

4. TonyC2

TonyC2 Member

Screen recording does the same thing. Unable to take screenshots or record the screen with Parallels Tools on my M2 mac with Ventura

5. SilvanC

SilvanC Member

@Ran4, @TonyC2 Please try the following workaround for this issue:

1. Quit Parallels Toolbox.
    2. Go to System Settings > Privacy and Security > Screen Recording.
    3. Select 'Parallels Toolbox' if present and click the '-' (minus) button below the list to remove the entry.
    4. Repeat step 3 for the problematic tool(s) (Screenshot Page, Record Screen, etc).
    5. Relaunch Parallels Toolbox and try using the tool again - it should request permission once more.

6. UefC

UefC Bit poster

Yep, that helped!
    Thanks!