Parallels 19.4.0 Update Windows 11 VM on macOS Sonoma: where did all setting go?

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Mac' started by NavidM, May 25, 2024.

1. NavidM

NavidM Bit poster

After upgrading to 19.4.0, I have lost the settings and license registrations of my Windows applications. Where can the old settings before the C:\Mac transition be found?
    Thank you in advance.
    Other details:
    Parallels 19.4.0
    macOS Sonoma 14.5
    Windows 11 Pro for ARM 23H2
    Apple Silicon

2. Adeboye Adeotan

Adeboye Adeotan Staff Member

Hello Navid,

To aid us in troubleshooting this issue, please collect a technical report (click Parallels icon > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and provide its 9-digit ID via a reply to this post.

3. NavidM

NavidM Bit poster

Thank you. I do not wish to post a technical report containing personally identifiable information in a public forum. I can submit a support ticket later. I am trying to figure out what exactly changed that affected my App Data folder contents, and where I may be able to look for the original content. I was able to manually restore functionality by reverting to a previous system restore point.

4. NavidM

NavidM Bit poster

I ended up unregistering Windows from the VM and creating a new VM. The number of path mismatches was simply overwhelming.

5. BrettW6

BrettW6

Same issue here - for the last week. Parallels 19.4 on a MacBook Pro M3. Windows 11 Insider build 3646 fails. I built an brand new VM from scratch. Nothing installed on it, no Insider Program and it fails (error 0x800f0845) on KB5037853 update. Given this is pristine install, I can safely rule out AV or anything in Windows causing the issues (except maybe Microsoft did something to the update installer). Seems like a Parallels issue.

6. NavidM

NavidM Bit poster

All said and done, I am actually very happy with the end result. The new VM created with Parallels 19.4 logged me in without all the Microsoft account and telemetry crap. I also turned off all Windows telemetry that I could find. Things are way better that ever before. There seems to be a difference in how Parallel now initializes the Windows VM. My experience was definitely worth it.

7. NavidM

NavidM Bit poster

I meant to type "... better than ever before..."