10.5.6 and Parallels 3.0

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by David_P, Dec 16, 2008.

1. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

You can find all updates installation log in
    /var/log/install.log

2. Old Marine

Old Marine Member

!0.5.6 success with 5608

RBH,

Finally had some spare time and took the plunge with upgrading to OSX 10.5.6 with build 5608. No problems at all. Next step is to update to PD 5626 which seems to be relatively stable and a straightforward update.

Thanks for your feedback

3. Old Marine

Old Marine Member

Upgraded to 5626 successfully yesterday. Only issue I ran into was a previously reported problem downloading the DMG via the upgrade method. After telling me that it had competed downloading the upgrade, the disk would not mount to the desktop. Downloaded the update from the web site and that mounted and ran fine.

So far no issues with 10.5.6 and 5626

4. kion

kion Member

When trying to update from PD3 to PD4 on the alu brick late 2008 running 10.5.6 (upgrade done using the combo updater) either with or without the 30" Apple display attached, I end up with exactly the same problem as before on the 17" MBP.

I am underwhelmed, but maybe the nice Parallels staff (whose ticket I have reopened) will help.

5. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Remind me ticket ID

6. Heather Hilson

Heather Hilson Bit poster

If I do this will I loose the files that were on the desktop of the VM?
    I was running P3 in Tiger then upgraded to Leopard. Now the application unexpectedly quits when I try to start it. I am concerned about uninstalling because of important files on the VM desktop.
    Is there anyway of viewing/accessing the files on the VM in the finder? to back up before reinstalling
    Thanks

7. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Installs and uninstalls of PDM don't alter or delete VMs, you can always copy the VMs to another place and you can use Parallels Explorer to access the VMs files and copy them.

8. Heather Hilson

Heather Hilson Bit poster

I don't understand. I can copy the VMs to another place? how do I do this? and how do I use Parallels Explorer to access them? I can't even open Parallels right now.
    Sorry for being so naive - new to all this.