100% disk usage with Parallels Desktop 14 and Mac OS Mojave

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by CaseyC, Nov 7, 2018.

1. CaseyC

CaseyC Member

In an old thread a suggestion was to turn off sharing between Windows and Mac, but that did not change anything for me. I'm not a computer genius, so I'm not sure what 100% disk usage even is. I have sufficient CPU performance (3.2Ghz) and memory (32GB). How can I get better disk performance? The top usage varies. Sometimes it's iDrive (cloud backup), sometimes it's the antimalware service executable, sometimes it's Norton antivirus, sometimes it's System, and sometimes it's the program I'm working in at the time. As I'm typing, disk usage is at 8%, so it's not constant, but it's often enough that it slows my work down because programs won't load and sometimes freeze up for a little while.

2. CaseyC

CaseyC Member

I should note that this seems to have started after I upgraded to Mojave. I did not notice poor performance before that.

3. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @CaseyC , please follow the steps suggested in the article and check if that works.

4. CaseyC

CaseyC Member

I have upgraded my HDD to an SSD, so we'll see what happens. So far it seems to have worked.

5. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @CaseyC , Thank you. Please keep us posted.