15104 still completely fails to support retina display

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ReubenR, Jul 13, 2012.

1. danieltharris

danieltharris Member

I think it would need to be Microsoft that implemented the ability to set different DPI for different monitors.

You would have the same problem if you were running Windows on a PC with an external display with the pixel density of the retina MBP screen along with a "regular" screen.

Hopefully it's something they implement, but until higher density screens become the norm, MS may not bother. When you have two "regular" screens you don't usually need different DPI settings on each one.

2. mswest

mswest Bit poster

And what about those that bought version 7 solely on the promise of Retina support, as demonstrated in the Youtube video that was previously posted? Clearly they were making the claim that they supported full resolution inside the guest OS. That's not an "added bonus". It's part of the feature set once they make that claim, and that's why I bought. Now they want me to buy version 8 to actually get the features I supposedly already paid for, because I bought two days after they made that claim, but 12 days BEFORE they set their cut-off for a free upgrade? Seriously? How can anybody honestly justify this? It's naked dishonesty.

It's a good thing Parallels isn't the only game in town.