2X application cut in two?

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by Xplicare, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Xplicare

Xplicare Guest

Hi everybody,

We've been running 2X application server on a Windows 2003 server for a short while now and although most published applications work fine, there are some problems that are driving us nuts.
    Here's an example of something that is just plain weird: one of our customers runs an application on our server, using the latest Windows 2X client, that has suddenly been cut in two :shock:
    To illustrate, here's a screenshot:
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, the application is cut in two somewhere below the middle. The small bar is the user's desktop and the icons are clickable. This problem only occurs on this user's computer, all other computers work fine.
    Strange thing is: this computer used to work fine, the problem didn't exist a week ago. We're trying to debug the problem by updating the user's computer and checking logs. So far we've found nothing and restarting the server didn't help.
    Has somebody ever seen this behaviour from a published application? Thanks in advance.

2. zippo

zippo Pro

Please check the COntrol version, menu help in the launcher and if needed update MSTSC so that you get the latest active X control.

I have never seen such an issue ;)

3. RKyllo

RKyllo Guest

I have seen this now on two machines. The 2X client app is for some reason thinking that the Windows taskbar is covering that region of the screen. If you move your taskbar from the bottom up to the side of the screen you will get a vertical cut instead of the horizontal one. If you turn off the 'Keep taskbar on top of other windows' setting in the taskbar properties then the cut will go away.

4. zippo

zippo Pro

You need to add more information, resolution you are using, number of monitors, Active X version (control version), ApplicationServer or VDS version, 2xClient version, Terminal Server OS version and local version OS.

I suggest you contact support epsecially if you have a valid license

5. RKyllo

RKyllo Guest

Yes indeed. We are in the process of preparing documentation to submit a support ticket. Just thought I would let the OP know that there is a workaround in the interim :)

6. Xplicare

Xplicare Guest

Thank you both for your replies. The problem solved itself :?, but I guess it might return in the future. RKyllo's workaround seems like a good temporary solution, but it would be cool if the 2X team can make a permanent fix.
    Thanks again, I appreciate your efforts.

7. enaran

enaran Guest

I found this issue to occurr when you have two monitors setup to extend your desktop.
    If your 2X applciation is on the second monitor the location of the first monitors start bar would split the screen on the second monitor (that is if the 2nd monitor is set to a lower physical position than monitor 1 in the display preferences)

8. Scott

Scott Guest

9. Jesse

Jesse Guest

I have the same problem as the OP, however, now instead of being cut at the lower region, it's up higher. Also, the issue doesn't happen on the 2nd monitor. It's always on the primary monitor.

[Edit]I just realized this thread is over a year old[/Edit]

PS. A "fix" for it is to align the TOP part of both monitors on the Display settings dialog in Windows. I say "fix" because it has to be done on the end-user computer.

Eg. This is what causes it:
    Code:
                 [¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯]
    [¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯][           ]
    [ Monitor 1 ][ Monitor 2 ]
    [___________][___________]
    This is the fix:
    Code:
    [¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯][¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯]
    [ Monitor 1 ][ Monitor 2 ]
    [___________][           ]
                 [___________]
    (Horrible ascii drawing, I know ^^)

Hope it helps :)

PS x2: I know the OP and I are both on Vista, however, it is not a Vista only problem. The same problem does happen in XP, I have already checked.

[​IMG]