2X ApplicationServer Client on Linux Boot CD

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by gaithat, Aug 20, 2006.

1. gaithat

gaithat Guest

Hello, Greetings to all.

I have successfully implemented both Server and Clients in Windows 2003 R2/Windows 98/Xp environment. Any applications can be published and launched by the Clients without any issue.

In Linux Environment - only ThinClientOS-3_0-sp2-r1842 is connected through Linux/PXE bootable but ApplicationServer/Client could not be initiated as there is no provision/scope to run/launch (from the 2X Linux desktop) 2xApplicationServerClient3.i386.rpm so that published applications could be accessed/run by the Linux Client.

It will be a grate help if someone could guid me in this regard.

Thanks

Vikram

2. Lee

Lee Guest

the linux client is built into the thinclientos.

SImply configure the applicationserver and then select 2X published applications for the protocol, boot the client and they should now have access to windows applications on the 2X Desktop

3. gaithat

gaithat Guest

Thanks Lee for your kind suggestion.

Now I am able to see the published applications on 2X Linux Client Desktop but unable to run it as there is a message "You have no rights to run the application" whereas I can lauch these applications from Windows 98 and Xp without any issue. The messae is generated by 2X Application Server after successful logon to Server.

Windows 2003 Server R2 has no problem during the Authentication. The user is fully granted all the access being a domain, remote control, enterprise and other administrative groups member.

Any other tip?

I shall be grateful for your kind help once again.

Thanks and Regards,

Vikram S Bisht

4. dty

dty Guest

There is a bug with published application names that include spaces. It should be fixed in the next release. As a workaround just replace the spaces with any other character