2X Client for ipad against 2008 R2 Server

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for iOS' started by Richard Bonnor, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Hi I have been using the iPad app for some time using the RDP connection and this has worked perfectly.
    Now we have upgraded to 2008 R2 and now I can't connect using the 2X app.

I get the following message:
    Network error has been detected
    The connection was ended because of a network error. Please try to connect to the remote computer again.
    [The operation couldn't be compleated. (NetworkDomain error 2.)]

On your site is says that 2008 R2 is supported for version 10.1.1256, but I cannot connect from this or other devices.

I simply create a RDP connection as in Win 7 and follow the instructions. What am I missing?

Best regards
    Richard

2. woqz

woqz Hunter

could be that the server is out of CALs? did you check if any more connections are allowed from different devices?

3. No because I can login using my PC and RDP, so it shouldn't be an CAL problem.

4. woqz

woqz Hunter

What does the licensing manager report? CALs could've been taken up before when you attempted to connect from a PC prior to the iPAD connection

5. No there was no one else on the system at the time

6. No this is not the issue. I can try to log on and don't even get to the login screen.
    when I do the same from my PC I connect perfectly.
    Can this have something with the Port number, it is default set to 3389?

7. Hwmccoy

Hwmccoy Guest

I to am having the same problem. Have you been able to resolve the issue(s)?

8. woqz

woqz Hunter

do you have NLA setup on your 2008 R2 TS? If you disable it as a test does it work?

the client in general works fine on R2. I have had many successful tests on it while testing 2x prior to deployment, even with our ios test devices