2X Client prompting for password on open

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by kevin.beaumont, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Hi

When I open 2X Client, it asks for my password to connect to 2X server. Also asks for each 2X application I open.

I have the Single Sign On (SSO) button selected in 2X and think the client is installed right - any idea how I debug this?

Thanks,

Kevin

2. sbcpro.de

sbcpro.de Member

At first glance it sounds like
    - the w2k8 server on board feature that you always have to enter your password
    - as well as that you using the 2X AS in the default mode. You need to set the 2X AS to use one session per user.

MS configuration on server:
    - Start menu > Administrative Tools>Terminal Services Configuration
    - Click on Server Settings and click the ‘Restrict each user to one session option’. This enables reconnections to previously disconnected user sessions.
    - Select ‘Connections’ and double-click the ‘RDP-TCP’ connection. Verify that the ‘Always prompt for password’ checkbox is unchecked; allowing clients to launch applications using the credentials that have been saved on the 2X Client.
    - On the 'Environment' tab make sure that the option ‘Run initial program specified by user profile and Remote Desktop Connection or Terminal Services client’ is enabled.

2X AS configuration in management console:
    - On the Load Balancing choose to enable a reconnection to a disconnected session or reconnect to same user sessions.
    - You may also choose to reconnect active sessions by selecting 'Limit User to one session per desktop'. Therefore if a user re-connects to a Terminal Server with an active session started by the same user, the user will be connected to the active session.

Kind Regards,

3. Hi

I've checked the RDP connection settings, they appear fine.

Note that I get the problem before RDP connection starts - just refreshing the 2X connection requires manual log in.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i totally agree with sbcpro.de here, this does not sound like 2x..
    have u tried a normal rdp>options>start a program to see if u get the same there?