2x problem with windows 7

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Windows' started by roytegar, Mar 17, 2016.

1. roytegar

roytegar Bit poster

Does anyone know about 2x printer settings in windows 7 ??
    because the job is not as good as 2x in windows xp.
    thank you

2. Valentin@Parallels

Valentin@Parallels Parallels Support

Greetings!
    Could you please clarify what exactly is wrong with print jobs?

In addition could you please describe the use case for the issue? Are you trying to print from an application published from a terminal server, or is there any other scenario?

3. roytegar

roytegar Bit poster

if I print directly from Windows 7, the result is a normal good.
    but if I print from the application server 2x client, the results of the letters so it is not clear and can not be read because the letters are broken.

4. Valentin@Parallels

Well its pretty complicated to say for sure as I have no information regarding your RAS environment, however below please find two most probable solutions for the case you described:

1. Please try to perform following steps and then check the behavior:
    In 2X RDP Client right-click the connection in question and access Connection Properties - Switch to "Printing" tab - Change "Technology" in use from "RAS Universal Printing technology" to "Microsoft basic Printing Redirection technology".
    Printing technology.png
    Then confirm performed changes by clicking "Ok" and check the behavior.

2. In case if you use 2X RDP Client to launch applications from a Terminal Server the cause may be hidden on a server side.
    In that case the most probable solution would be reinstalling Universal Printing Module on the server side. If you do not have an access to the server you may actually as your system administrator to perform the procedure.
    PLEASE NOTE: Universal Printing Module reinstallation procedure should ONLY be performed during maintenance window, what means that no users should be connected to RAS Farm, otherwise reinstallation process may not be completed properly and apparently will take no effect.

I would appreciate if you let us know if any of the solutions helped you.

Have a nice day!

5. roytegar

roytegar Bit poster

I use RDP 2x previous versions, the problem is why the results of the print book using IBM Passbook printer with a USB connector to the PC printout can not be read, you could say the letters are disabled. whether it's a matter of 2x or operating system?

thank you

6. Valentin@Parallels

Hi @roytegar,
    Hope you are doing fine.
    Well it depends on how old is the version that you are currently using. If you have Windows 8 OS in use I would suggest trying one of the latest RDP Clients and check the behavior. Please use following link to download latest build of Parallels 2X RDP Client version 14.

In addition please be advised that the issue can also be caused by the lack of infrastructure.
    For example: some people use Parallels Client (2X RDP Client) to connect to their machines using Standard Microsoft RDP connection without having appropriate RAS infrastructure set. In such cases we can not be sure that RAS features will work with such scenario as the application is designed to work within Terminal Server environments.

If you do have appropriate RAS setup with terminal servers involved please use following solution to resolve the issue.

7. roytegar

roytegar Bit poster

Thank you for your help, because now in Indonesia began hard to get windows 7. of course with your help provide solutions for windows 8 is very helpful my job.

if I may know whether 2x RDP can already run on Windows 10 ??
    because yesterday I was wrong to buy a PC that should windows 7 turns out windows 10.

thanks .

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  8. Valentin@Parallels

Hi @roytegar
    Hope you are doing fine. And thanks for your kind words!
    As for Windows 10 - Parallels Client v 15 is officially supports Windows 10 operating system. Feel free to download one using this link.
    Just make sure to download appropriate client depending on type of OS you are using (32bit or 64bit).
    Hope this helps.

Wish you a great day!

9. roytegar

roytegar Bit poster

sorry in the listed link for the full version and basic windows, for much better I downloaded that version of what?
    corresponding to 10 x64 windows.

thank you.

10. Valentin@Parallels