2X RDP portable and Server 2016

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Windows' started by ArlesterC, Nov 11, 2016.

1. ArlesterC

ArlesterC Bit poster

Does 2X RdP portable version work on HyperV Server 2016? We downloaded and ran it but it can't seem to see a VM we have running on our HyperV Server 2016?

Thanks in advance.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi ArlesterC, please check out this blog to know this feature. All virtual hosts within your domain will appear on the list of available servers to your farm, also identifying the host type. To add a server to the farm, enable the checkbox in front of the server name. Click the OK button to commit changes.
    It is necessary to install VDI Agent on all virtual hosts before they can successfully participate in a load-balanced farm.

3. ArlesterC

ArlesterC Bit poster

Thanks for the reply but I think we are not on the same wavelength. No farm, no VDI. I have a HyperV 2016 server host On it I have installed a Win 7 VM. The HyperV host only has command line. I want to run 2X from that command line so I can 2X into the Win 7 VM.

Is 2X compatible with HyperV Server 2016? I have downloaded the portable version as I wrote and have run it. However it doesn't seem to be aware of the Win 7 VM? Am I supposed to install something in the Win 7 VM for the 2X client i am running from the HyperV Server 2016 console?

Thanks in advance for any further assistance.