2x terminal server agent

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by mariosr98, Sep 13, 2010.

1. mariosr98

mariosr98 Member

Hi. I have configuring to 2x web portal in one server windows 2008, all ok. I want to add another one. I configure the first server with DNS and Domain Controller. All ok. I add the other server the domain and only install 2x Terminal Server Agent. But in the principal server the console say that the 2x Terminal Server agent is not installed. I install of console but nothing. In the event viewer of the second server say "2x Terminal Service is marked as a interactive service. However the system is configured to not allow interactive services. This service may not function properly".

What is the problem. Firewall is disable.

2. jurgencachia

jurgencachia Guest

HI

Kindly try to install 2x Agent Manually as Described on Pg.198 of 2X Application server Manual also try to add the terminal server by ip instead of machine name,if agent is still not verified try to access the terminal server from the console machine using ms-rdp client.

Regards

2x Application server manual

3. davidsaliba

davidsaliba Guest

This error is a know issue on some servers :

Check this out:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc756339(WS.10).aspx

Meanwhile also Is it possible you have NLB setup on the terminal servers and they are confusing the packets?
    Also as Jurgen said test with IPs your issues might be DNS related.

It is not supported to have terminal server as the DC there are known rights issues and priorities on DCs are to protect AD not give clients a workspace..

Your layout description appears confused you say where you install the web portal but not where the VDS is I assume you have all on one from the first part of your description :
    Kindly clarify if you don't solve the issue.

Hope this helps

4. mariosr98

mariosr98 Member

Hi I did it. I can to do remote desktop with remote client to the two servers with a user test1 of the domain. But the 2x console in the Domain Controller continue say me that the Agent do not installed.

5. mariosr98

mariosr98 Member

Hi. My configuration is.

One server 2008 PDC with Active Directory, 2x Publishing Agent, 2x SecureClientGateway, 2x Terminal Server Agent and 2x WebPortal.
    The another windows 2008 server with 2x Terminal Server Agent and add to the domain.

I want install the 2x in DIrect Mode.

I configure the first server, all ok. But I can not add the other server. The 2x terminal sever agent dont work

6. mariosr98

mariosr98 Member

Ok thanks. Is very rare this problem. When I was trying the last year, I configure a 2x Load Balancer with two servers and all ok. But now that I buy licenses and like I have only two servers I think is better a Direct Mode for performance, I can not configuring.

I think is problem of the Direct Mode. I read that when 2x secure client gateway is installed in a server, this server dont have to use the port RDP if Terminal Services is install. I am going read more. My doubts I ask you.

Thanks

7. mariosr98

mariosr98 Member

Hi again. I find the solution. Is the firewall. I disable firewalls in two servers and all work ok. I already enable ports that forums recomended: TCP 80, 81 and UDP 2000. I add port TCP 20003 in two servers and dont work. I enable firewal in the PDC server and disable in the second server (only 2x Terminal Server Agent install) and this work. But when I enable firewall in the two servers this dont work. I run netsat in the second server.

TCP server2:49236 server1:20003 ESTABLISHED

I add this port (49236) in firewall server2 but when enable firewall the same, dont work.

Anybody know the port that I have to open.

8. mariosr98

mariosr98 Member

Thanks. I solve the problem. There are interesting lectures in the blog.

9. davidsaliba

davidsaliba Guest

Great.
    I am glad you like them !