Thanks for the sample DiskDescriptor.xml file above.
I'm also on 5060 - thought I'd try it to see if Parallels' memory and CPU footprint might diminish somewhat. It's become quite the little sloth in terms of resource utilization.
I decided to take a look with Parallels Explorer. It was a quick look, and I didn't change anything.
On the next reboot, Parallels Tools wanted to (re)install itself.
And after that restart, it wanted to do so again. And again.
Then I lost the Task Bar in XP, couldn't get it to relaunch (even as explorer.exe) and told Parallels (the OS X app) to restart the VM from the OS X side. It wouldn't. CPU cycles started going through the roof.
When I rebooted I had the lock file and the DiskDescriptor.xml file showed a generic 10GB drive size vs the 35GB I'd allocated.
I used your file, changed the disk size to be a "true" 35GB (based on 1MB = 1024 x 1024 vs 1000 x 1000) and changed the volume name to mine, and voila.
I gotta say - 2.5 was so sweet and stable, I sortof regret going to 3.0. I did it for the DirectX support, which was nowhere what I expected, and if I could do it all over again, I prolly would've stayed on 2.5 and waited for something like a 3.5.
You saved my a$$ - thanks again!
PS I'm thinking the GUID is what Microsoft uses to track licensing, as I had to reactivate Office after all this.
Last edited: Aug 23, 2007