3.0 working now, but it does something weird...

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Patrick J, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Patrick J

Patrick J Junior Member

Hi

I've got Parallels 3.0 working :)

Initially I tried upgrading Parallels 2.5 with its VM with Windows XP SP 2 Professional but that just wouldn't work.

Fortunately I didn't have that much on the VM so I trashed it and indeed totally removed all traces of Parallels 2.5 from the computer using the uninstaller and then having a look to make sure it had all gone, then I repaired disc permissions and installed Parallels 3.0 totally afresh.

At the installation of Parallels Tools the Parallels application just quit totally and I had to restart. It looks like Parallels Tools is installed though.

There is one bit of weird behaviour that I've spotted and I've I notion I might discover some other strange things, but the weird thing it does is that when I boot Windows XP SP 2 it just sits at the "Windows Starting Up" screen for ages in fact I think it would stay there forever but the solution is to minimize the Parallels window to the Dock. Then leave it there for a while and Windows changes to the black screen with the Windows logo (is it a screen saver?) and then I can get Parallels out of the Dock and proceed to continue the start up of Windows.

Isn't that really odd?

I'm interested in any suggestions there might be to remedy this.

Thank you

Patrick