4.0 - Tools doesn't really seem to install and Window won't resize

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ohTina, Jan 9, 2009.

1. ohTina

ohTina Member

I'm on a MacBook Pro 15" (stats below if it helps), and updated to 4.0 yesterday. The version I was at, 3.0 5608, was very stable, and was running well - thought 4.0 might show some improvements, but so far I have a couple of bugs I'd like help with.

Install seems successful, and it appears that Parallel Tools reinstalled, but I'm not getting the Tools icon in the sysTray, and it's not in my list of programs either, under Start. I'm trying to get the View Window to resize to proportion. I end up using the scroll bars to get to the top or bottom, sides, of the Windows display. Speed of the both OSs is very poor. Please advise. Thanks.

(details: Model Identifier: MacBookPro1,1, Intel Core Duo, 2.16 GHz, # Of Processors: 1, Total # Of Cores: 2, L2 Cache: 2 MB, Memory: 2 GB, Bus Speed: 667 MHz)

2. ohTina

ohTina Member

update: I tried changing the video ram settings under the virtual machine settings, but that didn't work either. I uninstalled and reinstalled P Tools, and it is showing up under the Programs now, but still no improvement. I have to Ctrl/Altl still to get the mouse to release, as well.

3. ohTina

ohTina Member

another update... after having restarted about a dozen times, a "Parallels Video Adapter" installation message appeared for no apparent reason - and that's fixed my window resizing issue. Hoping this will help someone else out there.