64bit Linux client

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by bcdudley, Jun 22, 2010.

1. bcdudley

bcdudley Member

Any word on a 64bit Linux client, specifically for Debian systems? If I force the 32bit client onto a 64bit system, will it work? Will magic smoke come out of my computer and it will never work again? Any input?

Thanks.

2. jurgencachia

jurgencachia Guest

HI

2X Linux Client Should work on 64bit machines but The 2X Client approved for the following 32-bit Linux distributions: Ubuntu 8.04, Ubuntu 8.10, Ubuntu 9.04, Ubuntu 9.10, OpenSuse 11.1, Fedora Core 9, Fedora Core 11, CentOs 5.2, VectorLinux 6.0.

Thanks

3. bcdudley

bcdudley Member

Ok, thank you. I actually went to the 2X training class today and Joe was able to help me figure out what was going on. I got the client installed fine, but I have not been able to test it yet. I think it will work fine once I get my server fixed.

4. bcdudley

bcdudley Member

I was able to test it today and it did not work. I get a generic error when I try to use the client to log in. When I try to use the web client, nothing at all happens. Guess I will just have to wait for the full 64 bit client. I will use virtualized Windows until then.

5. jurgencachia

jurgencachia Guest

hi

for 64 bit Ubuntu 9.04 a workaround is :
    To get it working on 64bit linux Ubuntu 9.04

Install ia32-libs
    Download and expand the tar.gz file to the / folder

Run the scripts, install script

2X client is not supported on linux 64bit but with this workaround you should be able to use 2x Client on Ubuntu 9.04 64bit Machine.

Regards

6. bcdudley

bcdudley Member

I have been trying to get it to work for a day or two and have not been succesful. When I try to run the full client, it simply will not connect. The log shows it's connected, but I do not get any icons. If I try to use the appserverclient, I get :

/appserverclient: error while loading shared libraries: libesd.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    I know this points to needing ia32-libs installed, but they are installed and running. I infact am using them for several other programs.

If I try to run the windows version in wine, it also won't connect and I get other errors. I have gotten the farthest with the java client. It actually connects and shows all the icons, but when I try to launch an icon, I get an error, something like code 01.

For now, the only solution I have found is to run WinXP inside a VM. It is far from an ideal situation, but seems to be the only workaround at the moment.

Thanks.

7. bcdudley

bcdudley Member

I finally figured this one out. I was missing a file that was needed. The following code fixed it for me.

First get and install getlibs;

Code:
    wget http://frozenfox.freehostia.com/cappy/getlibs-all.deb
    sudo dpkg i getlibs-all.deb
    Then install the missing libs.

Code:
    sudo getlibs -64 libesd.so.0
    sudo getlibs -32 libesd.so.0
    It should work after that.

8. kevinm9

kevinm9 Bit poster

Once the 32bit library dependencies are met you should be able to install the 32bit client on 64bit Debian-based OSes with "dpkg -i --force-architecture 2XClient.deb"