9,999 GDI Objects for ParallelsToolsCenter.exe

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by roadworrier, Jul 11, 2007.

1. roadworrier

roadworrier Junior Member

I seem to be frequently running into a situation where I have 9,999 GDI Objects for ParallelsToolsCenter.exe build 3214. (As viewed in an optional Task Manager column.) Things get sluggish and strange when this situation occurs. (The next largest task using GDI objects is 936 right now...)

There must be some GDI Object leak.

Killing and restarting ParallelsToolsCenter.exe gives it 265 GDI Objects. I've had to restart it 4 or 5 times since I upgraded to 3214.

After restarting ParallelsToolsCenter.exe, my clock got all out of sync with the Mac clock... but otherwise killing and restarting hasn't been too problematic.

2. non-troppo

non-troppo Member

This is a known bug, and has apparently been fixed in PD 3

3. roadworrier

Thanks. I didn't see any mention of GDI objects in this forum.

Hm, is support for PD 2 is going to stop with this buggy version? I guess I'll have to downgrade to a previous build; I have no need of the features in PD3.

4. tvamvarg

tvamvarg Junior Member

Can you provide some more reference please (i.e. what is meant by 'known')? And do you have to upgrade to get bug fixes?

5. non-troppo

non-troppo Member

I reported this in 2.5 and got a reply that it was confirmed and being worked on, and it is mentioned in the PD3 changelog as fixed IIRC. Yes you'll need to upgrade if you want it fixed, and put up with a nice new batch of "features/bugs".

6. roadworrier

which version of 2.5 did you see this in? (just curious if it was in earlier builds before I noticed it; and how far back I need to downgrade...)