A little confused with the pricing

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by TylerC8, Jan 14, 2022.

Tags:
  1. TylerC8

TylerC8 Bit poster

So im thinking about buying Parallels, its an amazing program. However I'm a bit confused while reading the pricing plans. Under the category "Upgrade", theres a version of Parallels for $50 with the same features as the $80 one. Whats the difference? Can i purchase the $50 one only?

2. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, Parallels Desktop upgrade key only works when you are already having a previous version of Parallels Desktop. As a new user, you need to purchase a full version of license key.

3. GaryK7

GaryK7 Bit poster

I am also confused about pricing, but for a different reason. When I go to look at purchase options I see the option to buy for home use at a one time price of $79.99. When I go to the payment page, I am asked to choose between just two options; one professional version at $99 and one subscription priced at $79.99/year. The option I selected in the previous screen is nowhere to be seen and what's more, the subscription option seems to be the default making it appear like I am about to pay for my desired one time $79.99 option until I get to the confirmation screen where it reveals I am instead signing up for an annual payment.

So what is happening? I would prefer to think this was not a deliberate attempt to get me to sign up for an annual bill without realizing it but I have to say that is what it looks like.

4. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, kindly select the one time purchase when you are on the landing page. You will get it in the left side of the page. Then on the final billing page you will see the amount with tax.