ability to access host apps (mac apps) when doing RDP to hosted VMs (windows)

ThairB

Bit poster
i wish if it is possible to access macos applications when remotely accessing windows VMs.
this will be helpful to remotely control the host OS ( macos ) cz mac does not have an RDP server by itself.
so, i would be great to RDP any of the hosted windows VMs and back-access the mac apps.

Thank you!
 
Thank you for the suggestion, ThairB!

I have to say that it is quite hard to implement and for many users, it would be a security breach.
There are many other ways to remote to macOS host apps, like using Parallels Access, macOS VNC server, or millions of 3rd party products. I recommend going this way.
 
Thank you for the suggestion, ThairB!

I have to say that it is quite hard to implement and for many users, it would be a security breach.
There are many other ways to remote to macOS host apps, like using Parallels Access, macOS VNC server, or millions of 3rd party products. I recommend going this way.
Hi Alev
I do understand your point and I know that there are already hundreds of remote access apps, however, in companies usually RDP is the only option allowed.
Take an example for Citrix VDA ; I can access my windows VM (at office / macOS ) remotely, but I can't access any of the MacOS applications ! And it woods be wonderful if I can.
In regards to security aspects, the controls and policies are always enforced from the host OS ( macOS ).
I have tried to test myself ( I thought the feature is already implemented )
I could see the macOS apps listed in windows ( remotely accessed by Citrix ) with the "(mac)" beside there names , and when I click on any .. it opened that Mac app on the host , but the app interface won't show on the guest OS ( windows)
Thank you !
 
Back
Top