Abrupt switching to Parallels when plugging in iOS device

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JeffreyT3, Dec 17, 2019.

1. JeffreyT3

JeffreyT3 Bit poster

Whenever I plug in my iPhone to charge it, I am immediately switched from my Mac side to my PC side asking me what side do I want to connect it to. I could be watching a movie on Netflix but Parallels does not care. I simply want to be able to charge my device be it an iPhone/iPad or iPod Touch with no interruption. Being taken away from a movie you are watching when you want to plug your iOS device in to charge or put it into a cradle and get abruptly taken out of your Mac is REALLY ANNOYING! I guess no one at Parallels watches movies and plugs in their phones at night so they don't experience this. I know many people who hate this too.

DaleE likes this.
  2. JeffreyT3

JeffreyT3 Bit poster

You should be able to plug your iOS device into your Mac and choose if you want to sync, simply charge and what side to do this with Mac or Parallels. You should be able to choose one and it remembers that chose for that iOS device in the future from that point onward. I have 2 iPhones and an iPad.

3. alev

alev Parallels Team

Hi JeffreyT3,

There are settings for this in Parallels Desktop Preferences > Devices.
    Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 5.33.02 PM.png
    If you use the setting "When a new external device is detected: Ask me what to do" then you either have a checkbox "Remember my choice" (latest version of Parallels Desktop) or you can hold Alt and make a choice to make it permanent (legacy versions).
    Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 5.33.49 PM.png
    Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,
    Alex

4. KenyD

KenyD Bit poster

You should be able to select one and from now on it will remember that you selected that iOS device in the future.