Access Agent slows MS Excel file opens

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by ZDRodgers, Oct 4, 2013.

1. ZDRodgers

ZDRodgers Bit poster

After installing the Access Agent on my Win7 PC 64bit, whenever I try to open an existing Excel file using Excel 2010 (using the PC, not the iPad) by double clicking on the file, Excel waits 20-seconds before opening. There is no obvious disk action or cpu utilization during this time. If I simply open Excel directly, it opens immediately, and if I then select a file to open, it comes up immediately. The problem exists even for an xls or xlsx file with little to no data in it. The files are on the PC, not the network. If I uninstall the Access Agent, the problem goes away, then comes back when I reinstall. No other application seems to have the same problem.

2. lotw

lotw Product Expert

Are you close to RAM limits?

3. ZDRodgers

ZDRodgers Bit poster

I don't think it's a resource issue - this is a fast new machine with quad core and 8Gb memory and nothing else running at the time. Also - it seems it's not that Excel is slow to open the file, but that Excel itself doesn't start. When I double click the file, there is no trace in any of the Task Manager statistics that anything has occurred, until Excel finally opens.

4. JoshPr

JoshPr Bit poster

We are having the same issue on several machines in our environment. Windows 7 32bit, Office 2010. Parallels access installed, office files are extremely slow when double click file to open. No issues if office app (Excel) is opened then file>open to open the document. When we remove parallels access the problem disappears. We have confirmed this situation with a few machines. We have 25-20 users that currently have parallels access. The machines are also newer machines (core i5, 4GB) and not maxing any resources( RAM or CPU). Please help.

5. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi All,

Update your Parallels Access on your iPad and on your computer :

To check for updates on Parallels Access application in iPad, open the App Store and tap Updates.

On your computer, click on Parallels Access icon in the menu bar or task bar and choose Check for Updates and update it to the latest build.

Then open Parallels Access and check how it works and let us know the same!

6. Dave_Clarke

Dave_Clarke Bit poster

I'm also seeing this issue on Win 7 64-bit. Narrowed it down to the Access Agent.
    Is there a fix or workaround for this issue?

7. MikeW3

MikeW3 Bit poster

Was there ever a end result to this issues. Having the same issue now, took a while to narrow down.
    Definitely the access agent that seriously slows down Word or Excel 2010 Std opening on a Win7 x64 machine, 8GB ram. I came across this as the Case Management system used was taking a long time to open a stored word document. I thought it was the network or system until I randomly closed the access agent and the problem immediately went away. All software and updates installed.

8. MikeW3

MikeW3 Bit poster

9. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

Plz email us at cs(at)parallels(.)com, so we can check it for you.