Access to Local Disks (and USB Memory too)

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by br_tokyo, Nov 1, 2006.

1. br_tokyo

br_tokyo Guest

In general I don't want users to be able to see the local disks and be able to plug in USB memory sticks. I want them to save on the file server only.

However, my boss wants to be able to access those resources. In the 2X client, from Options->Local Resources Tab, I have checked the "Disk Drivers" check box in the Local devices area. However, I still cannot see the local disk drives. Is there some sort of setting for Terminal Services or Active Directory that I need to change to allow the boss to see the local resources?

Also, is there a way to restrict regular users from being able to change the setting in the client?

2. nixu

nixu Guest

To have disk drive redirection make sure that the Termianl Server allows Drive Mapping.

From the Terminal Services Configuration -> connection->RDP-Tcp Right click properties, select Client Settings tab and ensure that Drive Mapping is NOT checked.

To restrict regular users from changing settings, you can edit the msi installation and change the property DISABLEOPTIONS from 0 to 1.

This will not allow users to change any settings.

Regards,

Nixu

3. br_tokyo

br_tokyo Guest

thank you!