Hi Forum!
Can someone help a not very technical person (me) with how to get an industry-specific Windows program to access data on a remote desktop PC?
I've done a new installation of XP Professional on my iMac, which is the only Mac on the local area network and it can see the other workgroup computers (of course), which all have static IP addresses, but my Windows machine can't see them. I'm hesitant to go down the bridged ethernet line as I'm not technically proficient, but if that's the answer then I'll give it a go.
I can install the industry-specific Windows program OK, but I have to configure it to source data from another desktop PC.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,
Rachel
Can someone help a not very technical person (me) with how to get an industry-specific Windows program to access data on a remote desktop PC?
I've done a new installation of XP Professional on my iMac, which is the only Mac on the local area network and it can see the other workgroup computers (of course), which all have static IP addresses, but my Windows machine can't see them. I'm hesitant to go down the bridged ethernet line as I'm not technically proficient, but if that's the answer then I'll give it a go.
I can install the industry-specific Windows program OK, but I have to configure it to source data from another desktop PC.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,
Rachel