Activation Key not working

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JorgeSalas, Aug 21, 2014.

1. JorgeSalas

JorgeSalas Bit poster

activation code not working

I just change for a new macbook air and I started to install some application from ground cero, like the parallel, as I was experiencing issues in my old computer.
    When I tried to activate the Parallel it asked me for the activation code, I enter it and I got a message telling me that that was an upgrade activation code and asking me to enter the original activation code from the original product. As I'm a Parallel user since 2006 I entered the original code but it didn't work...
    Anybody there that can help with this, as I spent two days looking for some technical support or phone number where to call to solve this...
    Thank you in advance,

2. JorgeSalas

JorgeSalas Bit poster

I just change for a new macbook air and I started to install some application from ground cero, like the parallel, as I was experiencing issues in my old computer.
    When I tried to activate the Parallel it asked me for the activation code, I enter it and I got a message telling me that that was an upgrade activation code and asking me to enter the original activation code from the original product. As I'm a Parallel user since 2006 (V.4) I entered the original code but it didn't work...
    Anybody there that can help with this, as I spent two days looking for some technical support or phone number where to call to solve this...
    Thank you in advance,

3. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi Jorge - I've just sent your keys information in a private message. Thanks!

4. Ivya

Ivya Bit poster

Hello - I have the same problem. I am trying to reinstall Parallel 7 and have the activation key for both 7 upgrade and Parallel 4 - my original but it won't activate. I think I need the product key off of a CD that I no longer have. Can you help Andrew?

5. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi Ivya,
    Please check your private message.

6. Brett_Dulan

Brett_Dulan Bit poster

Hello,

I just recently decided to get parallels 10. I went to purchase it early this morning.
    I made the mistake of buying the upgrade instead of the full version since I only had the trial of parallels 8. I thought that since I had version 8 already that it would work...
    Is there any way of getting a refund for the upgrade package. If so what is the process of completing that.

Here is the screenshot of proof.

Attached Files:

7. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi Brett,
    From our records, we see that refund for the purchase of Parallels Desktop 10 Upgrade has been processed. You can now purchase Parallels Desktop 10 from Parallels Online and install on your Mac.
    For more details, please refer http://kb.parallels.com/122647

8. ToddA1

ToddA1 Bit poster

I am sorry to bother but I just purchased the upgrade for Parallels 11 as I upgraded to Yosemite today. My original purchase was Parallels 6 back in 2010...I think. But when it asks for the key from the previous version (I assume it is my original purchase of the software and not subsequent upgrades) it will not let me activate. Can you please assist? I am wondering if it has to do that my email address has changed since the original purchase. I have also received the following email:
    Dear Tod ***ba,
    You or somebody else had tried to register key for Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac. This key is already registered.
    Registration details:

Product: Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac
    Key: QSF4M5-6SJG6K-1GJY73-J...NW-DXPFSG

Thank you for your kind and prompt assistance.

9. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

According to our licensing policy, an upgrade to Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac is supported from the following versions only:
    • Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac
    • Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac Upgrade
    • Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac
    • Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac Upgrade
    Since your previous version key is for Parallels Desktop 6, please visit the Parallels Online Store to purchase a full license for Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac:

http://www.parallels.com/store/

Also, please reply your Cleverbridge reference number for your upgrade purchase so that we can process you a refund.

10. ToddA1

ToddA1 Bit poster

Thank you, ManojK. See below reference number for upgrade:

Reference number:

(required for all inquiries)

82378343 Invoice date: 11/7/2015

Invoice number: BKD-73611386052

INVOICE INFORMATION

# Product name Delivery Unit price Qty. Price

1 Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Upgrade

Upgrade version for Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac and above only

electronic $49.99 1 $49.99

Total: $49.99

11. newdada

newdada Bit poster

Hi ManojK, same issue here.... My P7 upgrade activation key doesn't work.
    I've just bought upgrade license from P7 (2011) 'cause I read on your online store that the upgrade is "since 7/8" (???)... see image:
    [​IMG]

Now I'm reading "upgrade for Parallels Desktop 9 and above only"??????? What's wrong?

12. newdada

newdada Bit poster

OK, I've checked. I bought the "upgrade since 7/8" (see image in last message) through your newsletter links announcing new Parallels 11 (September, the 1st); at this moment I still have the same price and for "P 7/8 upgrade".
    https://buy.parallels.com/329/purl-...=pd7&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pd11launch

Schermata 2015-11-09 alle 08.29.26.png

But If I go on Parallels site and I click on "Upgrade now" I have
    https://buy.parallels.com/329/purl-pd11u

Schermata 2015-11-09 alle 16.16.00.png

I still don't understand. If the real price is 79,99 Euros (upgrade Parallels 7 - 2011) please refund my money.
    [numero di riferimento cleverbridge: 82474457]

13. ManojK@Parallels

Your refund request for order # 82378343 for $49.99 has been submitted for processing. Refunds take between 5-7 business days to appear on your account. The activation key from this order will be deactivated.

Thank you for choosing Parallels and we hope to see you again soon.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

14. ManojK@Parallels

Hi, your purchase is under a special offer and the condition that I have mentioned above is for general. Also, we have checked your purchase details and it is for offered price and not for 79,99 Euros

15. newdada

newdada Bit poster

Thanks for answering ManojK, but main question remains: my activation number (+ P7 serial) doesn't work, what can I do? ;)

I need to purchase the stand-alone version of P11 for 79,99 Euros?

16. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Yes, you have to purchase the stand-alone version of PD11.

17. newdada

newdada Bit poster

As I've wrote the stand-alone version is t's too expensive for my simple needs (running utilities on Win and no more). It's clear there was a BIG mistake on communications...

Please refund my money [cleverbridge reference#: 82474457]

Thank you in advance.

18. ManojK@Parallels

Your refund request for order # 82474457 for 40,98 Euros has been submitted for processing. Refunds take between 5-7 business days to appear on your account. The activation key from this order will be deactivated.
    Thank you for choosing Parallels and we hope to see you again soon.
    Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

19. MarcinM

MarcinM Bit poster

Hello, I want to by 1 license for parallel desktop but Iam using two macs. Do I need to buy two license or one will be enough ?
    thanks..
    Marcin

20. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Yes, you may need to purchase 2 license copy of Parallels Desktop for both Mac.
    There is a 2 License Pack available at the Parallels Online Store. The Pack contains two full permanent licenses for a standard Parallels Desktop for Mac copy. You can get 50% of discount on the second copy. Please refer to this article.