Activation Key not working

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JorgeSalas, Aug 21, 2014.

1. TylerR1

TylerR1 Bit poster

Hi I've got a new mac and am reinstalling everything fresh. I've got both my v8 Parallels activation key and my v9 upgrade key but when I put in the codes again it says that I've reached the maximum activations. Is there a way to get them reset so that I can run v9 on my new mac? Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hi TylerR1,
    Please check your private message and reply us!

3. RachelL2

RachelL2 Bit poster

Hello, I had the logic board replaced on my computer and now when I open paralles it asks for the activation code, but it won't accept my activation code. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling paralles and it didn't work. What is happening and how can I get Paralles to work for me again?

4. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Please check your private message and update us with the activation key.

5. VaclavT

VaclavT Bit poster

Hello, I have a problem with my Parallels Desktop application. Today, I unfortunately uninstall Parallels access application from my computer and when I wanted to run Parallels Desktop, it asked me for a activation key. I filled the activation key, but than it says it is an upgrade key and I should confirm it with a key from previous version, but I don't have anything like that. Can you please tell me what can I do? Thanks, Vasek Taborsky

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @VaclavT, please provide the activation key of Parallels Desktop in a private message so that we could help!

7. BjornJ1

BjornJ1 Bit poster

Hi, please, I need to solve a problem.
    I've purchased and downloaded Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac Upgrade, and I can't activate it.

I have the activation key for both Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac Upgrade and Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac, but I get this error:
    Unable to activate Parallels Desktop.
    The product key of a previous version of Parallels Desktop has been not accepted on the license server.

I think it is because I have purchased the products from two different parallells user accounts.
    I have access to both of them.

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi BjornJ1,
    You can only upgrade to Parallels Desktop 12 from Parallels Desktop 10 or Parallels Desktop 11. Refer to the article for more information.

9. BjornJ1

BjornJ1 Bit poster

Is there any way I can contact support directly? I would like to refund my purchase.

10. Andy13

Andy13 Bit poster

Hi -

I'm having a similar problem to those earlier in the thread. I bought a bundled upgrade for parallels for Mac some time ago, and am only now installing it (version 11). It asked for the product key, which I provided, and then it asked for the legacy key, which I found in my account here. However, it only has the "buy" and "try free" options, which makes me think the legagy key (parallels 8) wasn't accepted. Thanks for your help.

11. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We're unable to find any purchases with your email address. We've requested you to provide us the order details in a private message.

12. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You can only upgrade from Parallels Desktop 9/10 to Parallels Desktop 11. Refer to the article for more information. We've shared you the options you have in a private message if you do not have Parallels Desktop 9/10 key.

13. Joe11

Joe11 Bit poster

I bought parallels desktop pro edition 1 year subscription in in October 2015 and bought the parallels desktop 12 upgrade today. When asked to submit my previous version activation key, there is a little green tick next to it but says it is unable to activate it. The previous version of parallels desktop has not been accepted

14. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Joe11 , the upgrade to Parallels desktop 12 for Mac can be done only Parallels Desktop 10 and 11 standard versions. An expired subscription license could not be used as previous version key. If you have any license keys for Parallels Desktop 10 and 11 standard versions, you can use it. If not , we can initiate the refund for your current purchase you have made, so that you can go ahead and purchase the full version of Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac.

15. Joe11

Joe11 Bit poster

That would be great, thank you

16. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are happy to hear that the issue you were facing was resolved. Feel free to reach us anytime for support.

17. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @Joe11, we've processed a refund request for the product that you have purchased from Parallels online store. Please check your email for the refund confirmation. Thanks! Please visit Parallels online store to buy a full version.

18. ChristinaY

ChristinaY Bit poster

Hi,
    I purchased Parallels back in January of 2012. I'm not sure which version it was but it was whatever one was the most recent at that time. I installed it on my laptop and it had worked great up until about a year ago when my computer crashed. Now I am trying to get it back onto my computer and I was wondering how to do this. I tried using the key number that is given in my account and it doesn't work. Any help is appreciated.

19. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We can see that you only have Parallels Desktop 7. Refer to this article and make sure your Mac OS X is compatible to install Parallels Desktop 7.

20. TeresaB

TeresaB Bit poster

Okay! I am facing this issue few month ago . I have the slimier issue how do i deactivate my old account. I have change the activation key . Then i get access . I got the tutorial following link - http://onedaytop.com/technology/