Activation Key not working

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JorgeSalas, Aug 21, 2014.

1. ChristinaY

ChristinaY Bit poster

I have OS Sierra version 10.12.5. Does this mean that I would have to re-purchase the product?

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Yes, you will have to re-purchase Parallels Desktop latest version.

3. JasonB17

JasonB17 Bit poster

Hello,
    Today my 14-day trial expired for Parallels. I use it on a daily basis for school work, mostly Autocad and Visual Studio. I purchased the student version, ran my card, all went fine. When I received a prompt for my activation code, and I typed it in, I was told I had purchased an upgrade and it asked for my previous code.

I no longer have my initial code nor the email it was sent in, I only have my "upgrade code". Is there any way you can help?

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Student version can be only purchased from www.onthehub.com and all student version keys are full keys not upgrade keys. We suggest you to get refund and purchase full version or student version.

5. MattJ5

MattJ5 Bit poster

I've been a subscriber to Parallel for 3 years now, and it harassed me to pay and upgrade to Parallels 13 (been using 12 without issue). Now it's saying that I don't have a valid license, even though I've kept my subscription active. What's the deal? You're going to make me pay a subscription AND the cost of a new license? Won't be doing that if that's the case. Please let me know ASAP.

6. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @MattJ5 ,
    On checking your records, we found that you have an active subscription to Parallels Desktop Pro edition and during the subscription period the upgrades to next version are free. Please check if you are using the valid license associated with your Pro edition. Since you have renewed your license please refer http://kb.parallels.com/122911 to activate your copy of Parallels Desktop.
    Thanks

7. ChristinaY

ChristinaY Bit poster

So to be absolutely clear, in order to use Parallels, I will only have to buy an Upgrade since I have Desktop 7 even though I can't use it on my computer? Or do I have to buy a New License?

8. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @Christina, Parallels Desktop 7 is not eligible to upgrade hence please purchase a new license.
    Thanks

9. ChristinaY

ChristinaY Bit poster

Thank you! One more question, I would like to buy this new license today while it is still on the 20% off Black Friday sale, but tomorrow I am planning on having more RAM installed into my computer. Is this something that I can go ahead and purchase now and install after I get RAM installed? Or should I wait and purchase this after? Is this something I download to my computer so I can pick a later time to install? Thanks.

10. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

11. ChristinaY

ChristinaY Bit poster

I assume the links on the page of the link you provided is the same as if I go to the Parallels home page and click on 'Buy Now'?

12. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

No, in that page you have a buy option but it also has links to download Parallels Desktop 12 and 13.

13. LuisM18

LuisM18 Bit poster

• hello, I purchased the Parallels desktop 13 for mac. I down loaded the program but when it tells me that i am all done i get to the page where you have to " Activate Parallels Desktop" I enter my key and it checks out. Then it ask's me to enter an upgrade key. Please confirm it with a key from the previous version, that i have never had........ I am stuck here. Any help ????

14. Hi LuisM18. Parallels Desktop 13 can be activated using the upgrade license key only if you have Parallels Desktop 12/11 permanent license keys. If you do not have the previous version license keys, you need to purchase Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac full version to activate the product.

15. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

We have received your response by e-mail, as quoted below. Please post your responses directly in this thread henceforth (i.e., if you are seeing this message in your mailbox right now, then do not respond to this e-mail - just visit the thread you posted in before and provide your response there).
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How can I get a refund ?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We have processed the refund, kindly go ahead and purchase the full version of Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac.

16. emoulinosnemesis.gr

emoulinosnemesis.gr Bit poster

Hi I've got a new mac and am reinstalling everything fresh. I've got my v7,v8, upgrade v9,v10,v11 Parallels activation keys but when I put in the codes again it says that I've reached the maximum activations. I need to have all my keys working as per purchased licenses. I only have v12 working on one computer, and I expect that to also work on my laptop. Licence 14 is useless. Please reset so that I can run what i paid for over these years new? Thanks in advance for your help.

17. Hi, I've found your keys and reset it for you. Please check and let us know how it works.

18. JaroslavN1

JaroslavN1 Bit poster

Hello there, same issue here - have moved my ssd with apps (including Parallels) to new Mac and didn't sign out of the old one. Now trying to run Parallels 11 on my new machine I get option to Activate on this Mac, which gets me an error message that I've reached the maximum number of activations. Could you please reset it for me so I can use Parallels on my new Mac? Thank you very much!

19. Hi, your key has been reset, please check the issue and also note about Parallels Desktop and MacOs compatibility.
    Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

20. JenniferH5

JenniferH5 Bit poster

I've tried adding an upgrade code to parallels but its keeps saying there is a server error. There is a license on my account from a previous parallels.
    Any help would be appreciated