Adjusting Preferences for Multiple Users?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by hurtado, Aug 13, 2007.

1. hurtado

hurtado Bit poster

I have Parallels setup in a Lab environment where people login to the Macs which are bound to an Active Directory domain. They can then launch the Windows XP Machine, located in a shared folder accessible to all users, and connect to the domain from the Windows side as well. However, I have not been able to find a way to change the Parallels Preference which sets the virtual machine to shutdown instead of suspend when the application quits. Since the virtual machine is in a shared folder, if the machine suspends, then the .mem and .sav files which are created prevent the next user who logs in from opening the machine until those files are deleted. Changing this preference only works for the current user. Is there a way to change this setting for every person who logs into the machine?

2. marshel

marshel Bit poster

Is there a setting for the default user to login to WXP

When starting a Windows XP OS under Parallels on Mac OSX the user defaults to Administrator every time even though I have set up additional users and logged in with each one. Is there a configuration setting for the default user?

3. dognose

dognose Bit poster

How to activate automatic logon in Windows XP

Instructions are available from Microsoft on activating automatic logon in Windows XP:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315231

I followed these instructions my Windows XP guest OS logs me on automatically.

4. dognose

dognose Bit poster

Has this problem been resolved?

Parallels in a Lab. Users login to Macs bound to AD.

Parallels is in a shared folder. However, for each user, the following preference for Parallels is reset:

Parallels > Preferences > General > On application quit:

I want the value to automatically be Shutdown. But the value is automatically selected to Suspend. As a result, the next user encounters fatal errors on trying to launch the virtual machine.

Is there a way to change the default for this preference for every person who logs into the machine?