Adobe Acrobat DC not working with Parallels windows Desktop

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by LindseyN, Mar 4, 2022.

1. LindseyN

LindseyN Bit poster

I am able to download Acrobat, but when I try to open the program or open a document for the program nothing pops up except for the icon in the windows bar at the bottom of the screen. When I try to exit out of the program through the only visible icon it doesn't close and I can only get it to close by restarting my windows desktop.
    I have already tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled both windows and parallels. I have the most up-to-date mac software (Monterey 12.2) and my parallels software is also up to date.

AdrienneG and KenK16 like this.
  2. KenK16

KenK16 Bit poster

I cannot the Acrobat Pro DC application under parallels on Macbook with M1 processor. Might be due to ARM and x86 emulation compatibility issues.

3. AdrienneG

AdrienneG Bit poster

DId anyone figure this out? I'm having the same issue. I get an Error: 71, which doesn't exist, according to Adobe.

4. LauraP5

LauraP5 Bit poster

Same issue, please help!

5. HristinaD

HristinaD Bit poster

Hi all, I had the same issue. I fixed it in the following way. First, I downloaded from an official website where the downloader/installer started itself and finished the installation. So I could not open anything (similar to what @LindseyN posted here). I then deleted an app, went to adobe website and manually downloaded installation file (physically to my downloads folder (AcroRdrDC2200220191_en_US) and installed it again (previously deleted initially installed version). And now it worked

6. RohanC

RohanC Bit poster

Friends - took me a while to figure out, but you need to specifically download the 32-bit version of Adobe Acrobat Reader for it to work on the parallel vm, due to the ARM thingy.