Adobe apps on parallels desktop Mac M1

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by LoPera, Jul 24, 2022.

1. LoPera

LoPera Bit poster

Hello,

I'm trying to download After Effects on Win11, but I can't figure out if it's possible.
    I first tried with creative cloud, after installing it, only two applications appear as downloadable: Photoshop and Lightroom (note that I have all Adobe applications with my subscription).
    upload_2022-7-24_18-19-21.png

I also tried to download it via the online creative cloud, but I got this message: After Effects is not yet available for your device.
    upload_2022-7-24_18-7-25.png

I then tried to install it with an external installer, but I got this message: The operating system does not have the minimum system requirements for this installer. {0} is the minimum system requirement for the installation. (Error code: 21)
    upload_2022-7-24_18-11-5.png

So if anyone has any idea how to get around these error messages or how I can install After Effects on Parallels, that would be great!
    Thanks for your help :)

2. AlistairD

AlistairD Bit poster

I have just had a conversation with Adobe support. They confirm that most Creative Cloud applications will NOT install under a virtual machine on a Mac M1, the only exceptions being the Creative Cloud desktop utility, Photoshop and Lightroom.

After Effects, Premiere Pro, Illustrator and InDesign will not install. I asked for the direct downloads so I could try to circumvent whatever the CC desktop app might be doing, but I can confirm that these individual installers will not run either.

FirstL4 likes this.
  3. YoshioH

YoshioH Bit poster

I have exactly the same problem and I wonder why.
    Any solution ? Anyone tried Parallels 18 ?

4. BenW18

BenW18 Bit poster

I'm also having this issue and can confirm that you still cannot install adobe programs in Parallels 18. this is a real issue and something that needs to be fixed asap. The main reason for me getting an M1 Macbook was so I could run Windows with Parallels and have all my cracked windows adobe programs and plugins working on a portable device with good battery life.

5. MarcoU1

MarcoU1 Bit poster

I'm facing the same issue. I can't install Illustrator 2022 on my M2 Macbook running Parallels 18. Hope that this problem will be solved soon

6. zeni

zeni Bit poster

same issue here tried to install any of those adobe cc apps getting an "error 21..minimum system requirement not met thing".
    why's this?
    im using an m2 mba with 16gbs ram and 512 for storage and freeing at least 6gbs of memory just to be sure while windows 11 with parallels 18 is running on background.

7. WadeA3

WadeA3 Bit poster

I have the M1 chip and Windows 11. I also couldn't get Adobe Creative Suite to install and zero help from Parallels they just said talk to adobe not our problem. I was able however to install just Adobe Acrobat Pro installed. Went to this page to download only Adobe and not the entire creative suite. Didn't see anyone else that had this out there so hope this helps someone else.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2023
  8. VictorC2

VictorC2 Bit poster

Can you specify what version of Adobe Acrobat Pro you were able to install in your VM? Was it the rental or perpetual (Acrobat Pro 2020) version?

9. RenB

RenB Bit poster

Try downloading the latest version of Lightroom CC on your Mac

10. RenB

RenB Bit poster

I have installed all adobe cc applications. I haven't got any issue.

11. RenB

RenB Bit poster

I have faced issue in Adobe Lightroom while using it on my MAC. That was due to the old version. I have now solved the issue after updating to latest version.

12. AndrewB59

AndrewB59 Bit poster

Is there any update on this? I have an M2 16" 2023 MacBook Pro running Windows 11 and I get this error message every time I try to install Creative Cloud or Adobe Audition.

Attached Files:

13. ElizabethO

ElizabethO Bit poster

When I tried downloading adobe acrobat or creative cloud, it didn't not work by downloading directly from their site. Go into your windows desktop and open the windows store to download. This worked for me and then I logged in and upgraded my download from the windows app after installation. It's been working for me.

14. AndrewB59

AndrewB59 Bit poster

Just tried this and got this error.

Attached Files:

15. DrewG1

DrewG1 Bit poster

This was absolutely the fix for me. Use Microsoft Store to download Acrobat Reader directly from there. Then launch Reader and upgrade to your full Adobe Acrobat subscription and everything worked great. Thank you for the tip!