Adobe CS3 suite (PC version) in Parallels?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by dangcookie, Jun 15, 2007.

1. dangcookie

dangcookie Member

Hi,
    I am about to start a job that uses PC's pretty much exclusively. I asked them early on if it would be ok to use my MacBook (2 GB RAM, 160 GB hard drive) and install the Mac version of the Adobe suite, but also run Windows XP Pro using Parallels with the Boot Camp option. Without thinking, they agreed. Now as we approach my start date, they are starting to worry about compatibility issues. So now I'm wondering if I should avoid making waves and simply install the Windows version of the Adobe suite running it inside Parallels, and sometimes booting to Windows with Boot Camp. I like the idea of running it inside Parallels and being able to work on web site files located on my Mac and being served off the Apache server in OS X.

Question:
    Will running the Adobe suite (Flash, Photoshop and Dreamweaver) in Parallels be at all laggy? i.e., if I give the virtual machine, say, 1.4 GB of RAM and a good chunk of the (albeit limited MacBook) video RAM, will it be smooth sailing with the Adobe suite? Do I take a hit on performance running it inside Parallels?

Big thanks to anyone who can shed some light!
    David