ADS Instant Video-to-Go Dongle works in PD 3.0

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Constable_Odo1, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Constable_Odo1

Constable_Odo1 Member

I finally had some spare time to upgrade to Parallels Desktop 3.0 (4560) on my MacBook Pro 2.33. I'm using Windows XP Pro SP2. I had recently installed a fresh WinXP Pro VM since my old VM stopped working properly when something went wrong with a Parallels Tools Install.

So, today I upgraded Parallels using build 4560 and it modified the VM and installed the Parallel Tools. I ran the Windows Software updater and Apple Software updater for Windows, I restarted and installed the ADS Instant Video-to-Go drivers and Converter Software. I put in the ADS USB 2.0 dongle and it was discovered by Windows.

I was able to convert a 60 MB DivX video file to an iPod-ready H.264 .mp4 file in about 4 minutes using medium processor speed setting. I really was surprised it worked since it didn't using Parallels Desktop 2.X. There was a slight delay of the progress bar moving when I clicked Convert and I thought it had locked up again. It started moving in about ten seconds and all was well.

So I just want to say thanks to Parallels for allowing the ADS Video converter hardware dongle to work in a VM. Pretty sweet. So far, Parallels DT 3 is working just fine for both of my WinXP Pro VMs. Just letting ADS know that their product works with Parallels 3.0.

2. Tom Jason

Tom Jason Bit poster

This product is very good, I like