After reinstalling due to new hard drive, Windows 11 fails

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JohnS75, Nov 24, 2021.

1. JohnS75

JohnS75 Bit poster

Sorry if this has already been asked but trying to find anything in these forums is very challenging. I did look. I had to reinstall and reactivate Parallels after a hard drive and logic board replacement. I had Windows 11 working previously. Now it is failing both the TPM test and the Secure Boot test. I have the latest Parallels update which you "claim" supports Windows 11. What's the deal here?

2. JohnS75

JohnS75 Bit poster

It appears that I needed to install Windows 11 from scratch, aka "clean install" ... I believe the Parallels statements about TPM and Secure Boot being enabled by default are misleading and the information about updating to Windows 11 is incomplete. Perhaps I missed something but this wasted a good deal of time, on top of the activation servers not working last night, so I had to postpone my reinstallation until today. I'm more than disappointed with these situations, and I waited 12 hours for a response from tech support on FB Messenger and still have nothing. Don't expect a good survey if you send one.