system:
Macbook Pro
X OS 10.5.8
VM system
Windows XP with iTunes 9.0.1.8 (DASD: 92 GB)
The VM XP system was originally transported to a VM using Parallels Transporter under release 3.0. Because Leopard requires an upgrade to Parallels 4.0 I installed Parallels 4.0 and converted my virtual machines (3). One of the VM machines has a large iTunes library including 176 purchased songs. When I first transported the VM machine iTunes required that I authorize the computer, this makes sense. I authorized it. When I finished the conversion to 4.0 this same VM system now requires another authorization. The hardware has not changed, the VM system software has not changed. Why has parallels changed the system identification used by iTunes? Is there a way to update the VM so I don't have to use another of the authorizations?
Macbook Pro
X OS 10.5.8
VM system
Windows XP with iTunes 9.0.1.8 (DASD: 92 GB)
The VM XP system was originally transported to a VM using Parallels Transporter under release 3.0. Because Leopard requires an upgrade to Parallels 4.0 I installed Parallels 4.0 and converted my virtual machines (3). One of the VM machines has a large iTunes library including 176 purchased songs. When I first transported the VM machine iTunes required that I authorize the computer, this makes sense. I authorized it. When I finished the conversion to 4.0 this same VM system now requires another authorization. The hardware has not changed, the VM system software has not changed. Why has parallels changed the system identification used by iTunes? Is there a way to update the VM so I don't have to use another of the authorizations?