After Win 7 install why does PD still refer to "Vista"?

CurtM

Bit poster
This is simply a UI question. I installed PD 5 first and then Win 7 and PD 5 still referred to "Vista" in the click to start screen and also at the top of the VM window. I then reinstalled PD 5 to see if that would fix it and it did not. Any suggestions on how I can get rid of the "Vista" name forever?
 
I discovered the answer . . .

You can change the name of the virtual machine in the configuration tool.
 
How did you change the name in the configuration tool. When I go to the "Virtual Machine Configuration - Windows Vista" window then the "general" tab the name window which now state "Windows Vista" won't let me change the name. Am I missing something (obviously)? Thanks.
 
I had the same problem initially - but discovered that you can only make changes in the configuration tool with the VM (Vista, Windows 7, etc.) shut down. Good luck.
 
Back
Top