Age of Empires 3 Save game issue

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by jrl1975, Mar 5, 2011.

1. jrl1975

jrl1975 Bit poster

Hi all,

I just changed over to Mac from PC recently and bought a new iMac. So far I'm loving it but I have found a bit of an issue with Age of Empires 3 installed under Parallels 6 and Windows 7. When I go to save a game it doesn't save. I try to find a saved game and there is nothing in the saved games directory.

Is this an issue with directory structures under Parallels with Win 7 or is there something else I don't know about?

Regards

Jeff

2. MarkTE

MarkTE Bit poster

I had the same problem. But this guy figured it out: http://aarononeal.info/?p=72

Basically you have to turn off mapping of mac home directories in parallels config as AE3 is 'hard wired'.

3. MattHardwick

MattHardwick Bit poster

Fix

Here is the fix that works for me and allows me to keep my documents in sync between VMs and OSX.
    In Parallels unset the documents as a shared folder.

THEN

Create a mapped network drive to \\psf\\Home (I used N:) as that will be more persistent than using the default Z:
    Then in the start menu, right click on the My Documents link, and go to Properties.
    Change the target to N:\Documents.

(This works for me on the latest patch of AoE 3)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  4. dale3

dale3 Bit poster

Hey Matt Hardwick I also have this problem but don't know much about computers I have parallels on my MacBook but don't know how to create a mapped network or how to unset the documents as a shared folder can you please help? Thank you!