Hello,
I hope you all can help. I recently started a new job and am using Parallels for my XP installation. I have used Parallels for a while so I am no newbie. The problem I have is that our tracking software requires the computer to be joined to the domain in order to access the database. Here is the technical problem:
I can connect via Ethernet cable and I get an IP address that relates to my campus' network structure 172.30.x.x, which will allow me to join the VM to the Domain, no problem.
However if I attempt to connect using wireless I can not connect to the Domain.
In shared mode I get a 10.211.x.x address and am able to get Internet connectivity if DHCP is on, but am unable to do anything else, like ping out or in, connect to the Domain etc. If DHCP is off, nothing connects.
I have tried using Bridged mode same thing, no connection at all, the network adapter never connects and I get a 169.x.x.x address and ditto with host-only. It doesn't matter if I turn DHCP on or off in the VM or not. The ONLY connection I can get through wireless is shared with DHCP and am only able to surf no "real" connections.
In short I need my VM wireless to pull an address from my campus' DHCP so I can be recognized by the Domain and access my software....
Please help, I need access to my Domain via wireless, I do not want to be tethered to an Ethernet cable in order to be on the Domain.
Thanks in advance.
I hope you all can help. I recently started a new job and am using Parallels for my XP installation. I have used Parallels for a while so I am no newbie. The problem I have is that our tracking software requires the computer to be joined to the domain in order to access the database. Here is the technical problem:
I can connect via Ethernet cable and I get an IP address that relates to my campus' network structure 172.30.x.x, which will allow me to join the VM to the Domain, no problem.
However if I attempt to connect using wireless I can not connect to the Domain.
In shared mode I get a 10.211.x.x address and am able to get Internet connectivity if DHCP is on, but am unable to do anything else, like ping out or in, connect to the Domain etc. If DHCP is off, nothing connects.
I have tried using Bridged mode same thing, no connection at all, the network adapter never connects and I get a 169.x.x.x address and ditto with host-only. It doesn't matter if I turn DHCP on or off in the VM or not. The ONLY connection I can get through wireless is shared with DHCP and am only able to surf no "real" connections.
In short I need my VM wireless to pull an address from my campus' DHCP so I can be recognized by the Domain and access my software....
Please help, I need access to my Domain via wireless, I do not want to be tethered to an Ethernet cable in order to be on the Domain.
Thanks in advance.