All new Mac OS VMs appear to be limited to 1024x768 screen resolution

IainF

Bit poster
Hi,
I note that Big Sur beta installs with the maximum screen resolution of 1024x768 and that this is being looked at.
However, for various reasons I've created both Mojave and El Capitan VMs today and both are also limited to the same screen resolution despite the recommended or higher graphics memory allocation.

Looks like this isn't just a Big Sur issue?

Cheers
Iain
 
Hi
I've sent the tech report but unfortunately, this is MY MISTAKE. I hadn't installed Parallels tools in the two older MacOS VMs and having done so and allowed up to a GB of graphics memory I can get numerous higher resolutions (though not full screen, 2560x1440) for both VMs.
Apologies for time wasting!
Cheers
Iain
 
Hi
I've sent the tech report but unfortunately, this is MY MISTAKE. I hadn't installed Parallels tools in the two older MacOS VMs and having done so and allowed up to a GB of graphics memory I can get numerous higher resolutions (though not full screen, 2560x1440) for both VMs.
Apologies for time wasting!
Cheers
Iain
Thanks a lot for sharing your results with us and please ping us here if you have any additional questions.
 
Back
Top