ralphrmartin
Member
Build 3540.
I have a Vista VM with 4 processors allocated to it. When I check, Vista sees 4 processors.
However, when I run a multithreaded Java program, only one core is used.
When I run the same program on MacOS X, all 4 processors run flat out. Same is true if I run it in Vista_64 on a real PC with multiple processors.
Java 6 is being used in all cases. The Java code is very simple, and does nothing tricky - essentially it just starts a bunch of threads, which use the CPU heavily. Both the host's "Activity Monitor", and the Java program itself, show just one core being used.
Is this a bug in Parallels? Or can anyone else suggest what is going on?
I have a Vista VM with 4 processors allocated to it. When I check, Vista sees 4 processors.
However, when I run a multithreaded Java program, only one core is used.
When I run the same program on MacOS X, all 4 processors run flat out. Same is true if I run it in Vista_64 on a real PC with multiple processors.
Java 6 is being used in all cases. The Java code is very simple, and does nothing tricky - essentially it just starts a bunch of threads, which use the CPU heavily. Both the host's "Activity Monitor", and the Java program itself, show just one core being used.
Is this a bug in Parallels? Or can anyone else suggest what is going on?