All Word for Windows files suddenly protected

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by MargaretM1, Apr 14, 2022.

1. MargaretM1

MargaretM1 Junior Member

My setup is Parallels Desktop for Mac 17 - it was 15 but I upgraded yesterday, this has made no difference. Windows 10.
    I am a translator and I process Word for Windows files (using translation software) which I store on the Mac side but process under Windows.
    About one week ago I could not export a file from STAR Transit, unknown error. The reason is apparently that the file was write-protected. I had to copy my translation from the screen and then paste it into Word for Mac. I could not overwrite anything at all in Word for Windows. Was this the result of a Windows update? I can't find that out.
    Under Windows I looked at Trust Center and tried to add a location. This has made no difference but maybe the location I added was wrongly expressed.
    Some attempts got the message that I can't change things because my security settings don't allow it. I have ESET running. Should I delete or disable ESET (I gather Windows Defender is enough)? I can't work out how to do that either.
    Has anyone encountered this problem and have advice for me? I need all my Word for Windows files to be editable.