Allocated 12gb of ram but a game I'm trying to play says less than 1gb available

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by WillS14, Sep 18, 2022.

1. WillS14

WillS14 Bit poster

I am having trouble playing a game in the virtual machine. The first time I ran parallels, I updated the Microsoft software to the latest release and downloaded steam. The program was laggy right from the start, every mouse movement was delayed on the parallels desktop. Once I had a game, I went to play it and it said the game could not run becuase my computer had less than 1gb dedicated vram. I shut down the program and added 4 cores and 12 gb of ram to parallels and go the exact same message next time I tried to play the game. I have no idea how to proceed and any help would be awesome. I'm attaching pictures showing that the ram is 12gb, windows recognizes that, and the game still doesnt seem to have enough to run.

Attached Files:

2. WillS14

WillS14 Bit poster

I went back to the recommended cores and RAM, and the game graphic settings were already on the lowest possible. It still crashed every time I try to run it. I then lowered the pixels all the way down so it scales it instead of rendering all of them and again it crashed every time. This is not an intensive game from what I can tell so this its surprising to me that the M1 Pro in parallels can't even run the most basic version of it. Is there anything else I can try?

3. WillS14

WillS14 Bit poster

This was actually the only support option I could use haha. The support options listed for my account (since I have the basic parallels version) are a telegram bot, Facebook messenger, twitter, and these forums. I don't have a Facebook or Twitter, and it seemed more helpful to reach out here than talk to a bot. That said, if you do know a support email or phone number that I could reach out to I would love to do so.

4. WillS14

WillS14 Bit poster

I totally agree. I really wanted the product but its unusable for me and there's no way for me to get good support to fix the problem. It's strange because I would have thought the goal of a trial program was to create a pipeline of new users but the situation I'm in makes it impossible for me to pay for it at this point given the experience so far and inability to get support.