Allplan on a (intel) Mac via Parallels Desktop?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by hezndepezn, Aug 22, 2006.

1. hezndepezn

hezndepezn Bit poster

Has anyone tried using Allplan on a (intel) Mac using Parallels Desktop?

2. Ade

Ade Bit poster

Hi

I've just installed the trial version of Parallels with the view to using it with Allplan. On Monday I will give it a shot and post a message then to let you know how I got on.

3. Ade

Ade Bit poster

Allplan and Paallels

I haven't been able to open allplan in parallels. I installed parallels using the bootcamp partition. When I try to lauch Allplan I get an error message saying the hardware has changed.

Has anyone else had this experience? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

4. blackrage23

blackrage23 Bit poster

Solved Allplan-Bootcamp Problem

Hi there!
    Had the same error message. The solution is quite easy, though I haven't checked yet if Allplan is still working if you run winxp natively.

So here is, how I got the problem fixed:

In parallels:Just put your Allplan-CD in your drive, go to the directory called "drv" and execute "Nemetschek Software Lock.exe", choose uninstall. When it has finished reinstall nemslock with the same program. Of course you will need your license file, your customer number and the cdkey for that.

After that Allplan should run fine (at least under parallels, as I already mentioned)

Addition:
    Okay, sad but true after reinstalling Nemslock it ceases working under XP(native).
    So either you stick with one way to run Allplan or you reinstall Nemslock every time
    you switch until there is a final solution.

Greetings
    Christian

Last edited: May 16, 2007
  5. Ade

Ade Bit poster

Thanks

Hi Christian

I've since tried what you suggested but I'm afraid it isn't working. I still get the hardware has changed error message.

Is there something I'm doing wrongly do you think?

Cheers
    Adrian

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007