Alt Key Shortcuts Lag in Excel

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JohnL16, Apr 12, 2017.

1. SimratM

SimratM Bit poster

Has this issue been solved yet? This was really the only reason I wanted to use parallels and if I can't get this to work there is no point :(

2. EricEr

EricEr Bit poster

Can someone please let me know how to resolve this issue? I just bought parallels and this is significantly impacting my workflow

3. Hello, if you see the same issue could you provide us with he detailed description please?
    Also the technical report will be very helpful.

4. EricEr

EricEr Bit poster

I submitted the report. The alt key is slow to respond so if i try to do a key command in Excel that uses alt, it ends up not registering because I'm typing faster than the computer is registering the alt key. Same issue as others in this thread reported. It makes excel extremely difficult to use for power users.

5. GilS

GilS Bit poster

Any resolution? I'm experiencing this exact issue. Excel is hard to use negating my reason for installing Parallels.

6. GilS

GilS Bit poster

Confirmed that this issue is unique to remapping the Cmd (⌘) key. I plugged in a PC keyboard and instead of my typical Mac remapping of ⌘ to and to ⌘, I left those defaulted and then remapped to Alt in Parallels. I can now use Alt commands quickly in Parallels, but the keyboard isn't usable in OS X at the same time.