Alt-space causing windows app menu to open

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Rob Grayson, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Rob Grayson

Rob Grayson Member

Hi,

Having got a new Mac running Lion, I've just upgraded to PD7 after using earlier versions for the past few years. I use an OS X application launcher called Alfred, and the key combination to bring up the Alfred window is Alt + space bar. I've been using it this way for months alongside earlier versions of Parallels, with no problem. However, if I'm working in Parallels and I hit Alt + space to bring up Alfred, the Alfred window opens as it should, but also a little menu appears in the top left of whichever Windows application I'm working in at the time, with the options Restore, Move, Size, Minimize and Close. It doesn't interfere with Alfred; it's just an annoyance as I have to close the menu when returning to Parallels. This menu doesn't open if I just hit Alt – it's clearly the combination of Alt and space that is triggering it.

As I said, this never happened before I upgraded to Lion and PD7. I could, of course, assign a different key combination to Alfred, but I'm hoping there's some way of stopping this happening in Windows/Parallels. For information, my Windows version is XP Home.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Rob

2. alexreg

alexreg Bit poster

I second this! I have the same grievance with the combination of Parallels Desktop 7, OS X Lion, and Windows 7. This problem triggers the Alfred window to open and also a similar situation with a different global window shortcut.